The MCA letter speaks for itself:
Here is the bio I submitted to the MCA:
Bio of Christine Baker for 2013 MCA election of board of governors
In 2000 Christine Baker moved to Lake Mead City after traveling for several years and in 2007 she moved to Unit 7 to build her off grid home.
In September 2011 Christine formed the High Desert Gardening Club and she passionately opposes genetically modified food. She loves to help residents grow nutritious organic salad, herbs, veggies and fruit and she also manages the Lake Mead Community Association Organic & Bulk Food Co-op.
In 2/12 Christine attended the MCA board meeting to request permission to use the facilities for the gardening club, a 501(c)3 non profit organization. The MCA board denied her request and she since attended most board meetings. She is outraged by the board’s abuse of power and MCA funds and she decided that the MCA must either be changed significantly or be dissolved.
If elected, Christine will work and vote to make the MCA an OPEN COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION to serve ALL residents.
Specifically, Christine supports:
– NO dues increases
– $50 social membership open to anyone
– Voting rights for social members
– Free use of the facilities for non profit activities
– Paid use of the facilities for commercial / private activities
– Services to benefit the community and residents for affordable fees
– A greatly enhanced MCA website with:
• MCA articles, CC&Rs, bylaws, rules & procedures, financials and minutes of all board and committee meetings and the bios of members of the board and committees
• Announcements of all board and committee meetings and agendas.
• Video recordings of all open MCA board and committee meetings
• Member discussion forum
– Abolishing the architectural committee and guidelines
– Abolishing enforcement of the deed restrictions (CC&Rs).
– Reducing operating and maintenance expenses and salaries by 50%
For more details on how I would reduce the MCA expenses please visit www.HighDesertDirt.com.
Just got another 4 commitments to vote to dissolve the MCA. Almost everybody I talk to wants to dissolve.