Jean Bishop held a town hall meeting in Dolan Springs yesterday and I posted the video:
Bishop tried hard to keep me from recording her lies, has me blocked on Facebook and did NOT write back to my email. Of course she also didn’t want me announcing the meeting here, one or two people from Meadview might have shown up and asked questions. I’m surprised that so few people care about the property tax increase or maybe most don’t know?
Did she have a meeting in Meadview too?
If you do NOT want the tax increase, attend the BOS meeting tomorrow and speak up!
Hildy Angius’ proposed budget is a good starting point, but we need to move more funds from EXCESS reserves, the SHERIFF needs at least 5 million.
Steven Robinson prepared the Mohave County “Funds with Financial Resources“. Check out the “EXCESS Reserves Available” totaling over $30 million!
A rough draft of Jean Bishop’s lies and misrepresentations, written from memory:
- At the end of the video Bishop states that Dolan Springs gets ROADS from the property tax increase. I’ve demanded that the County make emergency repairs after floods on our roads and she had said that ONLY HURF funds are used for roads. That’s probably also addressed in the 2016 GV forum video and/or the Meadview 8/16 roads meeting video.
- Regarding the SWEEPS — the State has been taking money from our County funds, I believe since 2008. Bishop said she does not want to sweep money from departments with EXCESS reserves because that’s like “stealing”, just as if the State took it.It is “stealing” when the STATE takes OUR County funds. Bishop doesn’t get that when we “sweep” money from one department to another, it’s NOT stealing! It just means that we allocated too many funds and so we correct that by allocating LESS in the 2018 budget and then give the money to the sheriff.
- To explain to the audience how the tax increase will affect property owners, Bishop used the figures INCLUDING the reassessment. OBVIOUSLY that does NOT indicate how much the tax increase will cost home owners because many properties are assessed at a lower value than last year. How STUPID does Bishop think we are? I will ask her for the CORRECT figures.
- The pension debt — I’m still confused, is it really NOT a debt, but just a loan to the state and we later reduce our payments to the state?
- Bishop stated that it’s stupid to pay interest and that’s why she wants the tax increases. She is clearly in lala land, not aware that many homeowners carry credit card debt at a much higher interest rate than what the county would pay. Essentially she is shifting the interest burden to the property owners and they will pay MUCH higher interest rates than the County.
- The general fund is almost $8 million OVER budget! The total “Excess Reserves Available” including the General Fund is $30 million. And Supervisor Jean Bishop wants to raise taxes, unreal …
All sorts of budget and tax increase info is at my new forum at https://forum.highdesertdirt.com/mohave/mohave-county-property-tax-increase/ — I’m not yet finished setting the forum up, but needed a place to organize info.
I’ll be annotating the video with the lies and misrepresentations and I’d like to ask for Bishop’s resignation — if we only had someone to replace her with.
It’s tough to find people with brains, honest, compassionate … willing and able to deal with the other morons on the board, countless boring meetings and a population that for the most part couldn’t care less.